Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Fittie Of The Week: Justin Bieber.

I have a controversial choice for this week's Fittie Of The Week, and some of you are not going to like it. But do you know what? I do not care. As I mentioned over at my other home at Spark, last week Justin Bieber was photographed with no shirt on, apparently sending a topless picture message mid-photoshoot to his alleged girlfriend, Selena Golez. And I'm not going to lie, folks, I am finally starting to see the attraction.


Not a traditional choice for Fittie Of The Week, and before this I'd never even entertained the notion that Justin Bieber was in any way fanciable. But many people, when these pictures surfaced, started taking the piss out of Bieber. People have said that no one wants to see him with no top on, that his body is laughable and that posing with no shirt on is ridiculous when he looks the way he does (I know a lot of people have a problem with his age, but at the same time people had no problems with these pictures, did they?)

But I think Justin Bieber is brave to pose shirtless when he doesn't have the traditional "buff" body. He's got skinny arms, no body hair and no chest, and he's fully aware of this and being mocked for it on a daily basis. On Twitter, on blogs, everywhere he goes. And yet there he is with no top on. If you ask me, Justin Bieber is just as brave and just as admirable as plus-size models for continuing to be proud of who he is even if he doesn't fit the traditional idea of what is "fit".

And so, I will sum up. I do not fancy Justin Bieber, but I do admire him and can see why people would find him attractive. In the words of my beloved Nicki Minaj, "haters, you can kill yo self. Uh huh".

No comments:

Post a Comment