Sunday, 7 February 2010

Is this actually what my life has been reduced to?

Now then, friends. We're reaching the end of another listless Sunday and I have accomplished nothing. The sun is no longer with us for another day, I'm back at University tomorrow for another presumably pointless hour, and I have barely moved out of my seat. Today I got up in the early afternoon. I watched the first two episodes of the new (completely baffling) series of Lost. I watched the entire seventh series of Friends. I used up an entire back of chewing gum. And I watched The Muppet Movie. That's right, The Muppet Movie. You may not agree with this particular choice, but I'm sure you'd feel differently looking at Kermit The Frog playing the banjo.

How cute, please.

Look at that, man. Imagine this cuteness spread out over an hour and a half. And there is The Muppet Movie for you. But yes. Today has been a complete non-entity. I could die today and would have spent my last hours on Facebook, watching ten-year-old comedies and eating microwaved Sunday dinner which my mam "thoughtfully" left out for me before going out for the day. Is this actually what my life has been reduced to? I did go out for a disappointing Nando's yesterday but I'd say a meet-up in a chicken restaurant before rushing home so I can get to work on time only for someone my dad's age to say to me "Excuse me, what are you playing at with that hair" doesn't really qualify as a satisfying weekend.

POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT THE BEIGE POOL OF MUNDANITY MY LIFE HAS BECOME
1. I haven't had a drink in two weeks which I'm sure my liver will thank me for down the line. Of course my liver is mute and thus I'll never hear its thanks. Conversely, my brain is not mute and keeps emitting the message "I'M BOOOOOOOOORED" at me.
2. I haven't been two a club in three weeks which means I'm not getting up to mischief with strangers which means I don't have to think "good lord how degrading of me" every time I fling myself at someone I don't know the first thing about, which means there's no damage to my reputation which means that eventually someone might like to go out with me (not that I need someone to go out with me etc. etc. but I cannot deny that it might be nice).
3. I must admit that skipping lectures to go shopping with Catherine because I'm bored enough already does have a certain charm to it.
4. There is less chance of me being hit by a car if I stay indoors at all times.
5. I like slagging things off and Sunday telly really is dire. It's like a pop culture heckler's wet dream.

NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT THE RECLUSIVE LIFESTYLE I'M LEANING TOWARDS, PARTICULARLY ON DAYS LIKE TODAY WHEN I DON'T SO MUCH AS GO BETWEEN THE DOORS
1. I'm so bored that going on a killing spree just for something to do has a ring to it at this particular moment in time.
2. Need I say more? I mean really.

I need to go out and have a drink and have a dance and be out amongst the people. But I am working all weekend again next weekend, so chances of this happening before Powerhouse with Catherine next Monday are looking particularly slim. Thankfully that week I'm also going to see Marina & The Diamonds as well as Powerhouse as well as having the house to myself while my parents go to Tenerife, so at least I know that my future is not looking completely bleak.

Let's just hope my optimism isn't in vain or a blog this time in a fortnight might well read "I threw up in the street, got alcohol poisoning and went to a shite gig". And I'm not sure I could live with that.

2 comments:

  1. sort your spelling out, eh???

    Thought I'd already given you enough of a slap on this subject... :P

    ReplyDelete